Close Encounters

WOW! What a weekend! Saturday's weather was perfect. What a great way to celebrate a new family. Dana and Josh have quite a story and have waited much longer than they wanted to have their special day. You could really see the love all day! It went far beyond the bride and groom, but both families and all the friends really do have some big hearts. Dana and her sister are only 18 months apart and they were married 8 months (to the day) after one another. Let me just say that they were lots of laughs, but not short of all the tears.

I'm working my way through the THOUSANDS of photos we took. First I'm working on clearing out things not in focus and eyes closed, etc etc, etc. No worries though, we take multiple pictures so that despite deleting some photos, you still get almost the exact same thing - but the best one of the group. As I'm working through, I can hardly fight back the tears (again). Dana's mom and sister I think lost some at the salon. Dana wanted everything a surprise and none of the guys saw her until she walked down the aisle. With the exception of her dad of course. Everyone else cleared out and just Dana's family shared a few moments before the ceremony. As he entered the doorway, his eyes filled up. At that point, everyone in the room was crying. He walked forward, embraced her, then started singing! I'm still surprised there was no make-up redone after those 5 minutes.

All that to say, this is what I love about photographing! You really do have a front row seat. The intimacy shared between a bride and groom, extended family, and friends is really something special. Everyone has a story. I love being a part of such a special day. It's really the best seat in the house to see all the details come together and capture each moment as it unfolds.

Here are just a few photos that caught my eye. I'm not even 10% in yet, but wanted to get something up so you can taste what is to come.

Congratulations again you two!




No comments:

Post a Comment