Timing

As I work with clients, some have many questions. One question that occurs most often - how long until I will have the photos?

As you shop around, this can be an important question as you select a photographer, especially if you are on a time crunch (ie. Christmas Cards). It would not be abnormal to take 30 days for processing a portrait session or up to 12 weeks for wedding photos. However, I've never come close to reaching that timeline. Why? I'm excited too!

You are posing and you don't see the photos pop up on the preview screen. You probably go through asking "Did I look ok? Were my eyes closed? Is my hair sticking up?" I see things in real time and the preview and then I begin saying "Oh, How cute! I hope that face came out on camera. I think they are going to LOVE that one!"

So, when I get home, I get right to it, if time allows. This isn't a full time job for me right now, and I typically spend 50-60 hours working full time teaching. I'm a little DIYer around the house too, so I'm always busy. BUT, I love seeing your photos and want to get them in your hand as soon as possible. So, with that said, I tell clients to expect take 2-3 weeks to get your portraits back, or 4-6 weeks back for weddings. However, I've never taken more than two weeks on any session. Several clients have had portraits ready the very next day. In summary, I get the photos back to you as soon as I can...truly! The better the lighting and location, the less time I spend editing. That gives you photos faster. Of course you can always ask for some special editing if you would like, but I do try to offer the best from my artistic eye and give you a variety to see some similar shots with different finishes.

So, with that being said...here are some more shots from today's (yes we took these between 8-9AM today) session. The rest (yes the fully edited photos) are being uploaded as we speak. Check back tomorrow for a full preview.







No comments:

Post a Comment